I just published a new article on HubPages that includes the poems: Love’s Endurance and Guardian Angel. The article is titled, Personal Poetry about Compassion, Love and the Russia-Ukraine War. I was inspired by not only the Russia-Ukraine War but also by unconditional love’s role in overcoming all war and prejudice.
As I wrote the article comfortably at home and on my computer, I felt grateful and privileged. I believe that love has the power to overcome hatred and adversity, but that there will always be hatred and adversity. Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy my thoughts on these subjects and that you like the article! Your time is much appreciated!
- Love’s Endurance is a poem about the enduring yet opposing roles that compassion and hatred play in war and strife.
- Guardian Angel is a poem dedicated to my grandmother, who has enriched my life throughout the years, and who our family affectionately calls, Ma.
I’ve also used the following quotes in my article.
- Albert Einstein said:
- “I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”
- In addition, Herbert Hoover said:
- “Older men declare war. But it is the youth that must fight and die.”